Eye Symptoms Requiring Immediate Attention
Seek care as soon as possible if you believe your eyesight is in jeopardy, if you are in severe pain, or if you have the following symptoms:
- Sudden vision loss.
- Redness accompanied by eye pain.
- Seeing new floaters, spots, strings, cobwebs, or shadows.
- Swelling of eye tissues.
- Flashes or streaks of light.
- Double vision.
- Eyelids stuck together, especially upon waking.
- Sudden blurring of vision that persists.
- Bleeding from any part of the eye.
- Foreign body in the eye.
What may have caused these symptoms?
- Retinal detachment.
- Eye infection.
- Lacerations to the eye.
- Sports-related eye injuries.
- Chemical exposure.
- Foreign particles in the eye.
- Allergic reactions.