Dr. David Tabak's Office is Open
Our office has resumed regular in-office eye exams and we are now
scheduling appointments: 847-382-2020.
The American Optometric Association has issued a letter stating they confirmed with CDC officials that the agency’s recommendation to postpone routine eye care is no longer in effect. Illinois has always allowed for eye care during the state’s stay-at-home period but in an abundance of caution, the Illinois Optometric Association recommended that optometrists follow the CDC guidelines which have now been modified.
Governor Pritzker’s executive order, effective May 1, requires that safety measures be put into place for essential businesses including health care providers.
To schedule an appointment or if you have questions, please call 847-382-2020. We certainly look forward to fully serving our patients again by having all best practice procedures in place.
Our safety protocols are summarized as follows:
- Appointments will be scheduled so that only one patient at a time is in the office
- Patients should come alone to their appointments
- Patients must put on masks before entering the office
- Immediately upon entering the office, provided hand sanitizer should be used
- We request all paperwork be completed prior to appointments
- We will disinfect all patient contact areas and examination and diagnostic equipment before and after each visit with Pure & Clean, a hospital grade disinfectant/sanitizer
- All eyewear in our optical dispensary is cleaned after handling
- Shields have been installed on examination and diagnostic equipment
- Always call the office prior to coming to pick up any materials or for eyeglass repair or adjustment
We will continue to offer curbside pickup or direct shipping. Telemedicine appointments will continue to be available.
Dr. David Tabak, Optometrist in Barrington, Illinois
David J. Tabak, O.D. is a private, professional, full service optometric practice located in Barrington, Illinois. Dr. Tabak is licensed and certified by the State of Illinois to offer medical optometric services including the treatment of eye diseases, injuries to the eye, and prescription medications as well as determining refractive error for eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions.
Dr. Tabak’s office offers a wide selection of eyeglass frames, sunglasses, reading glasses, and recreational eyewear and will assist you in selecting the perfect frame and lens combination to ideally suit your prescription and lifestyle needs. For contact lens wearers, Dr. Tabak will recommend and explain which lenses are right for you.
Most vision plans are accepted for routine eye care, and many major medical plans for medically related office visits.
Dr. David Tabak OD
530 N. Hough St. #140
Barrington, IL 60010
Monday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 1:00pm