David J. Tabak, OD, FAAO
Dr. Tabak is a graduate of The Illinois College of Optometry and the University of Iowa. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry, and a member of the American Optometric Association and the Illinois Optometric Association.
All licensed Doctors of Optometry may use OD after their names but fewer than 15% of the optometrists practicing in the United States are Fellows of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO).
Doctors of optometry are granted the right to use the FAAO designation, only if they have achieved excellence in the field of optometry, as evidenced by the demonstration of professional competence and fulfillment of the rigorous qualifications set by the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Tabak maintains a private professional optometric practice allowing him to provide individual patient care as well as to:
- Perform each step of an eye exam himself allowing for personalized diagnosis and recommendations.
- Control scheduling to allow generous time slots with little or no wait time.
- Provide care and treatment for a variety of eye-related medical conditions.
- Provide the highest quality eyeglass frames, eyeglass lenses, and contact lenses from the manufacturers of his choice.
- Have a professional staff of long-term employees who patients can rely on to assist with their care.
Dr. Tabak is a founding member of the Mosaic Optometric Study Group, a group of private practice optometrists from across the United States, and volunteers at CommunityHealth in Chicago, the largest free health center in Illinois.
Dr. Tabak has lived and practiced optometry in Barrington for over 30 years. As Barrington residents, he and his wife, Kathy, are involved in numerous community groups and activities.